Friday 22 January 2010

Killer 5.5 miler

Hi .................... that was tough!!!

I have spent the whole week getting over a half mile bf run and now i finally made it out there again and i think I needed to bargain with myself the whole way round... just one more mile - just get to a third of the way round etc...
Luckily.....

I have been able to stop at 5.5 instead of 6.5 and luckily i can make up the extra mile tomorrow or the day after on the treadmill at the airport hotel - going to Switzerland!!!!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow to London - day after to Switz....

I actually didn't plan that extra mile until I remembered later on - i have been helped with a training plan and have decided that I can manage the higher number rather than the lower number ... ie 15 not 13... 21 not 19 ...etc. up until my half marathon - it is only 2 months away now and the next week will be All resting - other than climbing around in the snow to view points or walking to and from restaurants etc.

This is my First Ever Half Marathon coming up on the 21st of March by the way - it is flat and it's in Reading near London....

there are 16 500 ppl running!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think i will be last i think some people will be behind me....

2 comments:

robison52 said...

You're ALREADY at over half a mile for bf run!! How do your feet look???

greentigress said...

Bruce, i will have to go back to running on the spot 3x a day in the house...
my calves ached sooooo much after that half mile - i can't do my weekly mileage easily with a half mile bf, my feet were fine tho - not blistered at all - not even a bit sore - i've not had a pedicure lately ;-) and usually go barefoot in summer a lot... so i always have rough feet... also ran on a smooth pavement.