Wednesday 21 October 2009

Looking forward to my Long Runs

This is like waiting for the Weekend all over again... I really can't wait - and get excited and look forward to it...

I get a little tired and then i get proud of my achievement... then i have a small hangover from it, but from about wednesday morning onwards I am completely psyched!!

I have my first 8 miler and i think i will get my Garmin to put it into 2 laps and aim for a negative split...

This will be a flat run and will give me an idea of what i'm capable of after a couple of hilly 7 milers....

I hope i am progressing slowly enough but i have a recovery week next week - then one week 'on' then one taper week (a bit) then the 7 mile race and then a rest week... is it possible to rest 6 days after a race then go straight into another long run or are our bodies not cut out for this?

No comments: