Saturday 10 October 2009

easy 6 miler

Hi,

I name my post this because of Tanya, saying in the thread on about.com saying 'you know you're a runner when...' there were lots of suggestins...
and Tanya says when you can run an easy 6 miler and mean it...
This has been knawing away at me since i heard it... I have now run about at least 10 either Tough 10k races OR Tough 7 mile runs... LOL... (can you see where i'm going with this??)

So anyway today i was determined to run an Easy 6 mile run I took about 1.30 over it, ( i forgot to start my garmin when i started)...and took it slow with 14:41 min miles and 149 BPM which really does class as an easy run EXCEPT my legs hurt a bit near the end... which is the ONLY sign that this was not an easy run!!

I really struggled a LOT more than this with 2 miles a few months ago ... and really, I could have pushed myself a lot harder and it could have been an even better workout - i really didn't push myself a bit - so should I have I don't know...


Last week I ran 7 miles up hill to the moors, the last couple of miles of that were Tough.

I am going to keep my long runs at half my total weekly mileage and get up to 10 mile long run by the end of December...

This really is starting to sound possible - I think i entered a lot of short races this year 10 k's and 5 k's that really take it out of me and then give me a week to taper before and a week to recover after!!

So... Couple of half mary's to aim for now, still sounds difficult

No comments: