Thursday 18 June 2009

http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/m_sch_2.html

http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/m_mile.html



this is the site I got my marathon training schedule from, at the moment i am at the end of week 1 in the mileage buildup stage which is 4 days a week and 14 miles... Today it took me 56:02 to cover 4 miles...

The great thing is not being too tired after - and still being full of energy, this does not include my warm up cool down or stretching which i don't measure or include as part of the run!!!!

I am not looking too far ahead any more, I am just focusing on the next training run - a 3 mile run on Saturday... hopefully when I get to Switzerland for a holiday I will be able to run on the Sunday - the first day of the second week schedule.....

Prior to this I was doing 11 or 12 miles a week on a regular basis for at least the last 4 months...

I took a friend and my mum with me so that she could walk her dog somewhere interesting today - I ran and they walked - it was really sweet and funny that the dog couldn't figure out why I was leaving and I had to run back and make sure the dog followed me back to his owner. lol so it was quite a zig zagging run... but in the end the dog got the idea and stayed with her.

3 comments:

The Running Bob said...

Good going! Week one nearly complete. Which marathon are you planning to run?

Unknown said...

I am a recovering schizophrenic who started running again. Found your post 6 months ago but came back to say hi. I am cross training with 1 hr. on chest or arms or back muscles, then run one day a week. I would like to do 2 or 3 miles. Good Luck.

greentigress said...

Hi I am planning on running the London Marathon
Hi Shawn, the cross training sounds good i don't do a lot of upper body work....
I would think 2 or 3 miles should be easily within your reach, just take your time getting there... there is no hurry - it took me a long time to get that far!!!