Friday 10 July 2009

Reykjavic Marathon

For a lot of reasons, I have decided £1600 is a lot to go to charity for a day out in London where I grew up

I am going to Reykjavic next year, August 21st instead, where the money will pay for flight, hotels for me and my fiance and also, this money so far was raised by asking family only and we are all saving for it... so it will still go towards my first marathon - I will run it for the charity I work for then - asking friends for 5 ers and 10 ers and the people i work with etc.

there was barely enough time to fit in the training, and this way I will have all the recommended mileage properly behind me before i start the 19 week or 20 week marathon training schedule...
therefore giving me less chance of injury...

I am very excited and liberated by this decision... I will no longer have to hand in all that money just before the taper - which, my physio told me is a time when a lot of people get injured - which would have put a lot of pressure on as well...

I hope that I can continue training with the mileage buildup to a half marathon and then stay at that level until marathon training...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful plan. Can't wait to keep reading about your training!