Tuesday 11 August 2009

7 miler and health

HI

Had Loads of days off now - through deciding i had a bad ankle and some detoxing problems with diazepam...


I have to take the approach of running 6 days a week again now - and shorter distances for the most part - as i have just had the diagnosis of Osteopenia - meaning that my bone density is one point down - Osteoporosis is 2.5 plus points down - I don't know my exact levels yet
This is down to my Schizophrenia medications increasing the hormone prolactin - and has caused the start of an illness...
I am now going to have to try a medication that doesn't cause this but does sometimes cause life threatening conditions such as agranulocytosis and serious temproary heart problems... the reason it is temporary I think is becuase there are such serious side effects - the medication is monitored almost to the point of excess and this makes it the safest you can actually be on...

Not too impressed that at the age of 34 I have low bone density - as at 35 one is supposed to have the strongest bones of your life - and deteriorates after that - and i have the bones of an unhealthy over 50...

Will ask when i have the gp's appt if this would have any bearing on stress fractures and longer distance running etc.

I hope it is a fairly minor case of it and that the new meds suit me.

1 comment:

Mellow Yellow said...

Crossing fingers for your appointment with doctor on Monday! Hope he/she is convincingly reassuring or comes up with something new and wholly reliable Lots of luck and lots of love!