Wednesday 15 September 2010

Powderham Castle 10km

Finally found the webpage with my result on it - my chip time was 1:17:27

worse than it could have been but i was forefoot striking for the first time in a race after only a few weeks of practicing this form of running.

I have no doubt that the scenery was very beautiful - but being kinesthetic with my mind and running i'm absolutely oblivious and only saw the ground infront of me and felt like i was going far too fast at the beginning, then too slow for the middle bit then all out for the last 4km

it was so stupid to start so near the front and overtake people i knew would just take me back but it felt so easy and the maybe 9.5 min mile i did half of was absolutely the same in feeling as the 13 min mile near the end - because when not tired - how are you supposed to not push it?

I always usually know the answer to that and have never yet failed so dismally as this time at pacing myself

the run went up a grass bank / garden then round onto a path then by the estuary and then round and into the beautiful small roads and woods, then back through a courtyard in the castle and return same way as started.

It was a lot tougher than i thought ... i was under trained - new to forefoot strike - and maybe someone can tell me which of those is a more important feature in my slow race.... I ran a 10km race in 1:13:01 4 weeks ago after avg 4 mpw for 8 weeks, then i get back into my groove a little and have one silly 7,5 mi week and then finish on a race far from my pb.

I hope that it is the forefoot strike out of those - which i'm certain will make me faster in the long run... longer runs...

I did a 2 mi hilly beautiful coastal windy rainy run today it was Gorgeous

and then only about 6 mins of intense yoga - my 4th go at yoga in a week - longest so far 20 mins... improving at first but now tired... i am gonna look at the classes in Totnes again there is a hippy town about 30 mins from where i live i will see if i can get back into classes soon - i am so not ready yet!

No comments: