Wednesday 9 September 2009

New Training Schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken my old training schedule and called it 'New Garmin - Jurassic Coast 10k' and stuck it back on the fridge.

It is complete. I will look at it sometimes. It was my 2x 10 k / 6.42 mile race training for over the summer and the November Barnes Green Half Marathon is off!!!!

My new training schedule is a lot more sensible.... I have made 2... one takes me up to a 10 miler on 3rd Jan and one takes me up to the Half Marathon in Reading on 21st March!!!!

I have only filled in the bare bones - the next few weeks of getting back on track with my injury - (now healed?) and the long runs and weekly totals - when I am back on track I am going to increase by .5 of a mile a week overall for 3 weeks, then have a .75 week, then back to week 3... so ie 15, 15.5, 16, 12, 16, etc etc. so very slow increases...

I think the 10 miler will be my first 10 mile run actually - and then I plan on sticking to 10 mile runs after the rest after the race - for a long time - unless I feel really really good and it's still a long way to go before the half marathon taper.

This will top out my Half Marathon training at roughly 10 miles, but i will cover several 10 mile runs and hope to be really ready for the distance anyway.

I will be VERY close to a 20 mile week by the Reading Half Marathon and will then do the suggested Maintenance of 20 mile weeks for Building A Base for Marathon training so that takes me up to October next year....

Sounds Achievable


I also joined a gym so will be cross training twice a week after voluntary work at the donkey sanctuary cos it's near there.

3 comments:

Dustie said...

sounds like a great build up plan. Looks like that's the approach i am going to need to take as well.

Sarah said...

Sounds like you have a good plan for yourself!

You have never heard of a smore?? LOL It is two graham crackers with a roasted marshmallow and a piece of chocolate in the middle....a summer staple here in the US. :)

Tanya said...

You are really doing well-look at how far you've come! Great job!
Yes, try a s'more-they're really good-gooey but good!